Good morning beautiful ladies of BGH! I hope 2019 has started off excellent for you. Mine is good so far, not accomplishing everything I want but making a large dent in my goals. Today we will talk about one of them and that’s doing Yoga. First I want to say that Yoga is Hard! I still have a lot of work to do on my yoga journey, but i’d like to tell you my top 5 tips on getting started, coming from my experience on what has and hasn’t worked.
First a little about my journey
Personally, I’m still in the beginning stages of my journey so this post isn’t meant to provide professional advice, but if you’re just getting started, or have been interested in yoga then this is for you. I started doing yoga about a year ago, and if I had been consistent i’d be great at it by now. But i’m not (can you blame me? fitness habits are the hardest to develop). However I do have moments of consistency where I’m doing yoga everyday for a couple of months, but then I just fall off. I haven’t figured out how to stop getting off of my path but I have figured out the things I do when I am being consistent with it, and I’m going to share the top 5 things I’m doing when I am being consistent.
- Picture your practice – Keep your practice on your mind everyday. You manifest the things you think about so make sure to think about you doing yoga
- Just do anything! – Even if you are just getting on the mat to stretch, you will start to build a habit of getting on the mat everyday and that can help you get started
- You don’t NEED a video or a class – I have stopped doing yoga many times because I went to a class that killed my self esteem. I couldn’t do any of the things they were doing so I gave up. I’ve had good experience with beginner’s yoga videos like this one, but when I was the most consistent I just got on the mat started stretching a let my body flow.
- Get in a routine – Everything is a routine these days but thats because they work! Doing yoga at the same time everyday can keep you on your path
- Dress for Success – this is something I never did at first, but I noticed that when I was dressed to do yoga i often did it that day. Put on your workout clothes (whatever they are, doesn’t have to be a fancy outfit, bu the better you feel the better you’ll do) right in the morning and start your routine right away. The extra push of getting dressed for yoga will keep you motivated to begin your practice.
So I hope these tips can help yo start (or restart like me) your yoga journey in 2019. Yoga is a great introduction to meditation and has a lot of great benefits to your body besides just losing weight. I’m looking forward to continuing my journey and sharing it with you, hopefully to help you on yours. We’re in this together!
And dont forget to live your best healthy life sis!