Spring has Sprung and we are in our homes. Since we are abiding by the rules of social distancing and staying home, why do I have to care about my skin? No, we may not be going to any brunch outings or fancy dinner parties but indoors doesn’t mean our skin has to suffer.
Now is the time to take care of not only others but take care of ourselves too. Not just to keep us safe from illness but take care of ourselves to keep us feeling good. So how can we take care of our skin while remaining at home?
First things first, WASH YOUR FACE. There’s no need for a fancy cleaner (if you don’t have one) good ole soap and water will do. But be mindful if you have sensitive skin and you might need a special facial cleanser or one without fancy smells and fragrances.
Secondly, moisturize. It can be easy to skip this step out of laziness, but your skin will thank you. It will be brighter, firmer, and can even help reduce lines and wrinkles.
Now if you’re like me, my body reacts to stress and anxiety in ALL types of ways and breaking out is one of them. I call it my stress acne. If something is stressing me out and I get worried, I will typically get a pimple per worry.
Unfortunately, all of my spot treatments are in my dorm room and I am at my house so if you’re stuck in the house but want to do a spot treatment, here are some around the house items to use.
- Essential oils such as tea tree, lavender, and peppermint (be careful this one can burn)
-Dilute with water*
- Apple Cider Vinegar: DILUTE WITH WATER. Depending on your skin sensitivity you might need to add more water. Apply to your face with a cotton ball, let sit for 2-3min then rinse off
- Honey & Cinnamon Face mask: filled with antioxidants and antibacterial properties help acne-prone skin
- Witch Hazel as a Toner: It is a great toner and helps tighten pores so grab that bottle from deep in your cabinet and bring it out! (But remember witch hazel can dry our your skin so moisturize after)
- Aloe Vera: if you want to save your lotion but have an aloe vera plant, or some lying around, use this as a moisturizer for your face
If you have any other tips and tricks you want to add, put them in the comments below!