Why should I consume fruit daily?
Fruits and veggies are naturally low in calories and can help reduce diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure, and some cancers. Fruits also hold a lot of nutrients, natural vitamins, and minerals that will help us function regularly.
Also, fruits provide us with natural stimulators that help us produce energy to stay in shape.
Here are 5 seasonal fruits that will help you stay in shape:
- Apples – Apples are low in calorie and are powerful antioxidants that help stimulate brain cells. People who eat apples are less likely to develop high blood pressure, colon cancer and it promotes healthy teeth.
- Kiwi – Kiwi is loaded with a lot of vitamins C and E. Both vitamins are strong in antioxidants that help prevent cancer and promote eye health. This fruit also gives you a lot of fiber, which will also help with weight loss.
- Mangos – Mangos are so sweet and juicy. Once this fruit is consumed it converts into vitamin A to promote bone growth/health and a healthy immune system.
- Blueberries – As you may know, berries are heavy in antioxidants, which helps with boosting your immune system. It’s also known as a superfood. This helps fight disease and anthocyanin, which is a pigment shown to boost brainpower.
- Grapefruit – Fun fact: Grapefruit contains nearly 50 percent of your daily vitamin C and contains a high level of fiber, potassium and vitamin A. Grapefruit can also alleviate symptoms of arthritis, repair damaged oily skin and hair. So get to eating, ladies!!!
Ladies, summer is coming, so we must look our best and feed our bodies nutritional foods. I suggest you start picking out your fruits wisely.