It’s the beauty trend that keeps on thriving. No matter what your makeup expertise level is, knowing how to contour is the beauty trick you need in your arsenal. Want to learn how to apply your concealer, powder, and contour your cheeks? These steps are just what you’re looking for to achieve a flawless, natural look.
STEP 1: Apply the concealer. To cover blemishes, apply concealer cream to the tip of a small flat brush and dab any excess on the back of your hand.
- Dot the concealer over the blemish. Clean the brush on a tissue, and then use it to blend the concealer into your skin.
- Dot concealer from the bridge of your nose to halfway under the eye.
- Use a brush, sponge or your fingertips to blend the concealer.
- Do not apply concealer right up to your lower lashes, as this will make your eyes appear smaller and the dark under eye circles even darker.
STEP 2: Contour your cheeks. Using a medium-sized blush brush dipped in a blusher or bronzer of your choice, lightly brush your cheeks in an upward motion. To make your face appear slimmer, suck your cheeks in and apply your blush to the hollow in your cheeks. I like to do an E3 Method (edges of hairline, outside eye, hollow of cheeks) to distribute my contour evenly.
STEP 3: Apply the powder. The golden rule when it comes to powder is less is definitely more.
- Load your powder brush with loose powder and lightly flick it on the back of your hand to get rid of any excess.
- Begin with light movements over the central areas of your face. Lightly push the powder into the areas around your nostrils and then dust your eyelids and ears lightly.
STEP 5: Highlight. I highlight under my eyes, the bridge of my nose, my chin, and center of forehead closest to eyebrows, and under brow.
Want to see how to contour in action? Check out this natural makeup contour tutorial from pro makeup artist Jordan Liberty.
For Booking Contact Celeste Williamson at 301-885-6683