You want to lose weight to prepare for summer, but you have completely neglected your New Year’s Resolution and DARN its spring already. If this is you, don’t be ashamed because you are like the most of us.
We know all the excuses as to why you can’t seem to workout, this includes: I’m too busy, I go to work early and get off too late, I don’t have money for a gym membership, there isn’t a gym that’s close by, I have kids to take care of, I have too much school work, and then for those who are really honest with themselves “ I’M JUST LAZY, I DON’T HAVE THE MOTIVATION TO JUST DO IT.”
BELOW ARE BLACKGIRLHEALTH’S TOP TRICKS TO KEEP YOU MOTIVATED:
- GET ON THE SCALE– Ladies remember when it comes to your weight, your mind can play tricks on you. STOP guessing how much you weigh, and get on the scale. Getting on the scale is known to push many women to start their weight loss journey and stick with it.
- BUY YOURSELF A SIZE SMALLER IN AN OUTFIT – Looking good in that special outfit is motivation within itself. Knowing that you can’t fit into that size 6, can really bother you to the point you have to do something about it. Plus, the end result of fitting in that dress will give you the self-satisfaction you have been yearning for.
- EXERCISING IN THE MORNING– Start your day working out, before you get dressed for work. When you work out in the morning, many women feel better about themselves throughout the day, and even feel SEXIER. Waiting until after a long day of work, could increase your chance of NOT working out, due to exhaustion.
- PLAN TRIPS OR SPECIAL EVENTS– Planning vacations or a special event can give you the motivation you need to “LOOK THE PART.” Women are known to be motivated to look a certain way in front of large crowds or people they know.
- GET A PICTURE OF HOW YOU WANT TO LOOK AND POST IT ON THE REFRIGERATOR– Ladies, sometimes it takes reminding yourself everyday of your goals. Posting a picture of how you want to look before you indulge in all the wrong foods is definitely a way to MOTIVATE YOURSELF!