Why hamstring workouts helps to improve posture?
Here’s a great exercise that you can do from the comfort of your home – hamstring curls with bands or an exercise ball. Well- developed hamstrings will help you maintain good posture, and prevent leg injuries. Because your hamstrings cross the knee and hip joints, they work to bend your knees and draw your hips backward. When executing the explosive movement, these muscles play an important part in shifting the load from your knees to your hips. The video below reveals one of the most effective ways to maximize your hamstring workout.
How to complete a hamstring workout using an exercise band
- Take a band and safely wrap it around a sturdy post.
- Place the band around your ankles and begin bending the knees towards your glutes.
- Be sure to have enough resistance while you pull, and flex the hamstring muscles as you pull the band.
- Perform 4 sets of 20 repetitions on each leg.
- Make sure to stretch after your hamstring workout to prevent injuries.
The overall benefits of improving your posture
Improving your posture can help with a variety of health factors. Posture is often referred to as the body’s alignment. Good posture also refers to the distribution of gravity through your body so no one structure (back, legs, spins, neck, etc.) is overstressed, per muscle & fitness. Here are some facts as to why having good posture can improve overall health.
- Breathing becomes easier and deeper
- Posture improves circulation of the digestive system
- Improves your muscle and joints
- Helps you look slimmer
- Helps to maintain a healthy spine
Although we often think of cardio and lifting when it comes to fitness, as you can see improving your posture with workout movements and stretches can have a greater impact on your health.