‘Tis the season to treat yourself to a few hair goodies ( if your Santa won’t who will?). Here are a few must-haves.
- A hair steamer and or steam treatment. Steaming your hair let’s you thoroughly moisturize your hair while allowing your favorite conditioner to do double time! Do it regularly, and you will notice the health of your hair improve.
- You will have to endorse your own silk pillow cases and bonnets which will help protect your natural oils and moisture from leaving your hair while you sleep.
- While we never imagined ourselves doing anything, but a duby wrap at night, the good ol’ grand mom rollers have made a comeback and they are doing numbers on enhancing sisters natural and relaxed looked. Hair rollers and perm rods allow versatility to your style due to the various size rollers and rods, and allow heat-free curls. While the sponge rollers are some of my favorites, which makes sure your hair stays moisturized.
- Have a flat iron? Cool just make sure it’s a good one. Titanium plated flat irons are wonderful. The way the heat is regulated through those plates are amazing, leaving your hair shiny, straight, and best of all not burnt! Always use a heat protectant.
- A hooded dryer! All naturals know they get tired of the air-dry wait time, and often mess up their sets because they take them out when they are half damp. A hooded dryer can help speed up the dry time, and help set curls and eliminate frizz.
To book a hair appointment call Ashia Richardson at Hair at the Square 717-745-6222