Detox week isn’t anything crazy, but I want the focus to be on consuming more foods that are high in fiber that will promote the release of toxins from the body.
Here are 5 detox tips that will help you stick to the No Sweets Challenge:
1. Incorporate at least 1 green smoothie a day. Green smoothies are great for breakfast or as a snack. They are full of fiber and it’s an easy way to consume your veggies and fruits per day.
2. Eliminate toxic oils. Avoid cooking with vegetable oil, peanut oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil and canola oil. Instead experiment and cook with avocado oil, coconut oil, olive oil, grape seed oil or flaxseed oil. These oils are less toxic and help the digestive system.
3. Drink green tea with apple cider vinegar. Green tea consists of antioxidants that will help you build your immune system. Apple cider vinegar is also known as a fat burner, so consuming these two liquids will help flush the system, but also making sure the body stays in fat-burning mode.
4. Consider taking a probiotic. By taking 1-2 probiotics a day (depending on the serving size) it will help balance the bad and good bacteria in your gut. It will also help regulate the bad bacteria known as candida. Having too much bad bacteria in your gut, which normally leads to constipation and irregular bowel movements – so take a probiotic to help avoid this issue.
5. My favorite – Sauna! If your local gym has a sauna take advantage of it. Soak your body in a sauna at least once a week. Use this time to meditate and focus your mindset.This will help rid the body of bad toxins via sweat, as well as promote clear and radiant skin. You can also purchase a portable sauna for your home.