Hey sis, hope all is well for you! Let me just tell you, the past 3 days have been crazy for me! If you remember from my post last week I did a 3 day Juice cleanse to drop a couple inches off my waist for a cruise I have coming up. Man it was rough! I wasn’t prepared for sure and although I cheated a couple of times I did have fairly good results. This was the cleanse I used, and I didn’t weigh myself before because I wasn’t looking for weight loss so much as I wanted to get rid of bloat and constipation. So without further adieu, here is my experience, and some recommendations if you are thinking of trying your own fast.
So in my own personal experience there were a few things that stood out to me during this fast:
- Headaches – Oh the headaches! It’s possible that I wasn’t drinking enough water, but I got headaches off and on The WHOLE TIME. I think personally that it’s the sugar, cause I don’t eat that much fruit on a regular basis like that.
- Foggy Head/ Forgetfulness – working was tough! I forgot a couple of deadlines and even had to redo some work that I thought I’d finished (and done a good job)
- Cravings – During the fast, I wasn’t that hungry, and I didn’t even drink all of the juices that came with it. I did however have INTENSE cravings for food, which I did indulge in on 2 of the 3 days. ( 1 time a salad with chicken, and the other some rice & beans). I was able to make a good decision on what I ate both times though, and don’t believe it hurt me too much.
- Bowel Movements – This may be TMI but I don’t go as often as I should. With that being said my #2 were still solid for the first 2 days and just very soft on the third day. Some people say they become watery, however I didn’t have that experience personally.
If you’re going to do a Juice fast I recommend a couple things:
- Buy some raw nuts – in the juice fast I did raw nuts and raw vegetables were allowed, and made it a lot easier
- Drink lots of water – to the point where you stomach is full, this helped my cravings for the most part, and may help the headaches ( although I’m not sure about that last part).
- Do it on your days off – I’m telling you the foggy headedness will get to you. I’m typically a well organized person and even I forgot some things!
- Do it before a vacation or an event – I wanted to look good for an upcoming vacation, so even though I had a couple of weak moments I stuck to it relatively well because of that motivation.
So that was my experience with the 3-day juice cleanse. Have you ever tried one before? Comment down below and let me know!
And as always, live your best life sis!