Let’s step into our African culture for a minute
African fashion has been a popular trend for black women and children for centuries. African clothing originated in Africa and it consists of colors, pattern prints, and worn with a headwrap. When wearing print don’t be afraid to bring out those flamboyant colors with the traditional head wrap to match. Especially, during the summertime, because it’s embracing your beauty within your own style. There are over a hundred ways to dress up in the pattern it could be worn in your shirt, two-piece dresses, a gown, pants or skirt, and more.
Top 5 African fashion looks:
- White leotard or shirt with blue pattern skirt and yellow heels or sandals
- Matching pant set of a red and gold pattern with white ankle shoes
- Pink, green, and black dashiki dress with heels or sandals
- Dashiki shirt with blue or black shorts with white shoes
- Blue and orange mid sleeve African print cocktail dress
So, instead of going into your closet and pulling out shorts and top, spice it up a little. Try these fashion tips and share with us a stylish piece you created.
To learn more about the different ways you can elevate your style this summer, you can visit blackgirlhealth.com.